Voting is now open for SXSW’s Panel Picker for 2013, and we’ve put together a terrific panel we’d love to see selected! Please go to the Panel Picker HERE and vote today, and share the panel with your social networks, too. This is a timely idea and the panelists are amazing!
The Independence Trade-Off: Self vs. Sell in a White Noise World
Do It Yourself. Decide It Yourself. Delegate it. Don’t micro-manage it. Trust in others. License it. Loan it. Sell it all the way out. Wherever we fall along the spectrum — and most of us fall in many different places these days — it’s a question that has only gained importance as a whole new world of creative, marketing, and distribution mechanisms has opened before us: when is the time to hold on to it all, and when do we let go of what we’ve made? It’s not just signing to a label versus self-releasing now. It’s film and commercial licensing, radio play and promotions, direct-to-fan relations and even the production of the work itself. Or as some of the most creative and most successfully sold-out artists of all time might have put it: “Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody.” Will your independence vanish in the haze?
- How can an independent artist make connections & money in production music?
- How can an independent artist connect with music supervisors to get their music into media?
- How can independent artists succeed with a direct-to-fans sales model for music & merch?
- How can independent artists build a fan base and book big shows without the support of a major label?
- How can independent artists get radio play on mainstream radio?
- Jesse Eliott These United States
- Wendie Colter Megatrax Production Music
- Amanda Krieg Format Entertainment
- Jason Spitz Jason Spitz, Consultant
- Kyle Wofford United Interests
- Toby Ryan KROX
About the author
Megatrax Production Music is the leading independent music source. Megatrax is dedicated to creating, licensing and delivering the finest quality production and custom music and best customer service in the industry. At Megatrax, our philosophy has always been to stay ahead of technology and to create exceptional quality music. Our commitment to excellence is evident in both the music we produce and the carefully selected catalogs that we represent. Our staff is dedicated to serving you in every way possible and our service team is focused on your specific production requirements. We have a list of products and services that are unmatched in the production music industry and are constantly evolving with your changing needs.
- client testimonials
- guest posts
- industry news and trends
- interviews with megatrax talent
- licensing notes from leisa korn, vp of business affairs
- notes from aircast custom music
- notes from phil macko and the sales team
- notes from ron mendelsohn, ceo
- notes from wendie colter and the production team
- songstuff by cary ginell
- with love, from megatrax
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010